AgWeb News and Commentary
What's next for the grain and livestock markets?
Draft policy for global use appears weaker than U.S. regime.
Five Hereford breeders banded together to sell a heifer that helped generate $40,800 in donation funds for wildfire relief efforts for northern California ranchers.
A 1996 Peterbilt 377 day cab semi with only 57,332 original miles sold for a new record high auction sale price on a recent farm auction in southwest Indiana. Sale by Jeff Boston Auction Service
The soy has had a nice rally. It is important to realize that this is a historically high price given the stocks to usage. he market has dialed in the fact that China will start purchases again of US beans. However, what if this does not transpire? The window to actually need US beans is closing. Th [...]
Steers and heifers sold lower at auction this week while fed cattle were untested.
Positive political news and good technical signals and are giving the grain markets a positive bias.
This week USDA announced the RMA will provide flexibility for farmers who have been unable to complete harvest prior to December 10.
his is the 77th anniversary of the Japanese sneak attack against Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. US military facilities were caught in peace time mode and suffered some heavy losses. The US of course rebuilt and expanded its capabilities and won the war less than 4 years later after deploying some new tech [...]
Sorghum sits quiet in the background while trade negotiations with China continue. Prices and overall acres are projected to hold relatively steady, despite tariffs and additional challenges.
In this week’s Boots in the Field Report, Farm Journal Field Agronomist Ken Ferrie discusses how Iowa and Ohio farmers are pushing to finish up their corn and soybean harvest.
Optimism seems to be growing for some in the trade truce with China.
Record imports in October drove the U.S. trade deficit to the highest level in a decade.
A new rule published by the USDA will allow more flexibility for school nutrition standards for milk, whole grains and sodium.
Recent trade discussions yielded good news for U.S. soybean growers when at least two Chinese grain buyers were reportedly given the green light to purchase five million tons of soybeans.
A top official involved in the U.S. – China talks was calling some U.S. grain companies to ask if China was purchasing U.S. grain amid a trade truce and promise to immediately begin buying U.S. grain.
Fact: 90% of family farms will fail before they reach the third generation. Beat these odds with good planning and preparation, farmers can become part of the coveted 10% who stick together.
Southeast Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference organizers are offering full registration to growers who faced substantial losses from Hurricane Michael, making it easier for them to attend the annual show.
Meng Wanzhou, daughter of the founder of cell phone giant Huawei and CFO of the company, was arrested Dec. 1, 2018—the same day that President Trump met with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has increased the number of people who’ve contacted E. coli in an outbreak linked to romaine lettuce from coastal counties in California.