COVID-19 Toolkit for Dairy Farmers
Dairy farms are essential businesses meaning they will continue to be open. That means dairy farmers will continue to have employees come to work. As such farmers should help their employees fully understand COVID-19, the risks and appropriate personal defense measures.
Additionally, in states that under strict shelter in place orders, employees should be provided proof of employment letters should they be stopped on their way to work. National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF) put together a template you can find in English and Spanish here.
NMPF also gathered up additional resources for dairy producers to review and use if appropriate. Those are listed below:
- COVID-19: 5 Things Your Farm Should Do Now, Farm Journal
- Five Crisis Planning Tips to Combat COVID-19, Dairy Herd Management
- Resources Available to Address COVID-19, Dairy Herd Management
- Dairy Farmer Handbook on Coronavirus Prevention and Management (English and Spanish), NMPF
- Be Prepared: What Should Employers Do About the Coronavirus?, National Law Review
- What You Need to Know Now About Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Your Dairy (English and Spanish), AllTech
- Posters: What You Need to Know Now About Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Your Dairy (English and Spanish), AllTech
- Staying Proactive on the Farm: COVID-19 (English and Spanish), Adapted from Dairy Farmers of America materials
- COVID-19 and Your Dairy Webinar, Cornell University Agricultural Workforce Development
- Stress & Wellness Resources, Center for Dairy Excellence
NMPF also has a FAQ section on their website dedicated to COVID-19.