Dairy Immigration Webinar Tomorrow
The American Dairy Coalition (ADC) is sponsoring a webinar titled “So Who’s Going to Milk Our Cows?” to examine opportunities for immigration reform. The dairy industry relies heavily on a reliable labor force, and the ADC is working on policy language that can help provide their 30,000 members and other dairy producers with a consistent labor force needed to operate their business.
The webinar, to be held Wednesday, November 16 at 2 pm CST/3 pm EST, will include expert panel members who will review several key areas:
- Impact of the rural vote on election results
- How President-elect Trump will address boarder security
- E-verify and current immigrants working in agriculture
- Overview of a new potential visa and guest worker program
- Potential immigration policies being discussed and gaining momentum in Washington D.C.
The round table discussion will be moderated by Kelly Fortier, Partner, Michael Best and Friedrich LLP. Panelists include:
- Jon Baselice, Director of Immigration Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Kristi Boswell, Director of Congressional Relations, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Jeff Burton, President, Burton Strategy Group
- Alexander Nowrasteh, Immigration Policy Analyst, Cato Institute