Must-Have Information to Apply for COVID Aid Payments
While FSA has not begun accepting applications for Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) payments, it’s not too soon to start gathering information and completing the necessary forms.
In addition to the CFAP application form, which is not available yet, in most cases you’ll need to complete the following forms (unless they are already on record with FSA.) Here’s some good news: if you applied for the Market Facilitation Program, it’s likely the majority of these forms are already on file for you. Contact your local FSA office to verify that.
- CCC-902 – Farm Operating Plan – if necessary. Additionally, the following forms will be needed for CFAP; if you are an existing customer, this information is likely on file at your local Service Center.
- CCC-901 (Also Available in Spanish) – Identifies members of a farm or ranch that is a legal entity. Member Information will be completed by legal entities and joint operations to collect the following: member names, addresses, Tax Identification Numbers and citizenship status.
- CCC-941 (Also Available in Spanish) – Reports your average adjusted gross income (AGI) for programs where income restrictions apply. There is a $900,000 AGI limit for this program.
- CCC-942 – If applicable, this certification reports income from farming, ranching, and forestry, for those exceeding the adjusted gross income limitation.
- AD-1026 (Also Available in Spanish) – Ensures compliance with highly erodible land conservation and wetland conservation.
- AD-2047 – Provides basic customer contact information.
- SF-3881 – Collects your banking information to allow USDA to make payments to you via direct deposit.
At this point, an acreage report is not necessary to apply for the program. FSA has streamlined the signup process to not require an acreage report at the time of application and a USDA farm number may not be immediately needed.
One final important note for this program: While FSA offices are currently open, an appointment is necessary.