U.S. Cheesemakers Bring Home the Gold, Silver and Bronze
U.S. cheesemakers received 89 gold, silver and bronze medals in the World Cheese Awards contest held in Bergen, Norway, last month, reports the U.S. Dairy Export Council.
Some 3,500 cheeses were entered into the contest this year, a record number. The U.S. awards include eight super gold, 25 gold, 24 silver and 32 bronze medals.
Since 2011, the U.S. has ranked third in the world in total medal counts, behind only Spain and the United Kingdom but ahead of France and Italy.
Among those honored were cheeses that are increasingly available in key export markets:
- Bellwether Farms – one gold, two bronze
- Carr Valley Cheese – one super gold, two gold, one silver, five bronze
- Emmi Roth – one gold, four silver, two bronze
- Jasper Hill Farm – one super gold, five gold, two bronze
- Rogue Creamery – one silver
- Sartori Cheese – three gold, one silver, two bronze
- Sweet Grass Dairy – two silver
A complete list of the awards can be found here.